Is a burn permit required for brush pile burning if I live outside the city limits?

No. But to avoid the Fire Department from responding unnecessarily, before you burn you should call the Fire Department at 258-3208 or the Police Dept. at 258-1460 to report the location, time of burn, and your call back number.